Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mush for a Cure

Yes, I know, the Iditarod is going on.  Once again, it's looking like the Lance show. 

I'm not bitter.  I'm not complaining, and I give the guy a lot of credit for his accomplishments... it's just getting kinda old.  Although, I must say, last I checked Martin Buser was ahead - that makes me happy.  :)  I like Buser.  I don't even know why, other than he named his son Rohn and I think that's awesome.  Rohn is a checkpoint along the Iditarod trail.  (someday I'm gonna name a dog Rohn - not after Rohn Buser, after the city) 

There's another race going on.  One in Minnesota that I found out about by following the blog of a wonderful musher couple who dropped everything and moved out to the middle of nowhere to chase a dream.  They, along with another couple, started a charity race called "Mush for a Cure" in 2008.  The event has grown exponentially.  I don't even know how to describe it, but the community of Mushers just oozes friendliness.  Some day I would love to be a part of this race.

Please, go check out the website and consider donating.

 
Then... go check out the Mushers.  See #35?  WooooHHOooooo!  A Samoyed team!  Candice has some beautiful dogs!  She's also super nice and has offered to let me come train with her team when Mendel is ready to start pulling.  I really wish I had some extra time and money so I could go watch the race this year.  Next year I'm going to have to plan better.

2 comments:

  1. I love the Iditarod. One day I would love to go to the finish line and watch the mushers cross it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always interested in it but I can only watch it on TV or the movies!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)