Sunday, May 23, 2010

Forget Mushing (for now), let's RALLY!

Wow, it's really been a long time since I've posted anything on here.  That's what college does to you.  It makes you flippin' crazy!

Anyway, Lilly and I have thrown our hats in the Rally ring!  We will be showing for the first time on June 12th and 13th.  I'm so excited!  Well... excited and nervous.  I'm confident we can pull it off, I'm just unsure of how Lilly will react to such a strange place.  Usually, when we're in a busy place, she does a good job focusing on me to tell her what to do - hopefully that will work to our advantage.

Here's a quick video of us doing a 'run thru' at a local park (our free training grounds).  Speaking of our free training grounds, we really need to get our butts back out there and keep practicing!  The only thing I'm still worried about are her 'finishes'... and my inability to properly read signs and navigate a course - but that's a whole other issue.  And I don't want to talk about it.  :)


Notice Lilly's lovely right turns.  Well, leave it to me to ruin such a lovely thing.  I taught her "back", and now we have a lagging problem.  At the Oshkosh dog show I bought a really nice rabbit fur squeeky - I'm hoping that will help us get things back in order.

Lilly has pretty well caught on to the "stand", walk around - which is so awesome for her!

Enjoy this lovely weather!  I'm headed back to the dog show to watch!

~Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)