Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving?

Hmmmm....

So, I'm a little behind.  This is nothing new.  I'm behind on a lot of things right now.  Blogging just became my best option for avoidance of all the other things, so here I am.

Thanksgiving was nice this year.  We just went over to my parents' house and had dinner.  My grandparents came over and it was a nice quiet day to relax.

There were Thanksgiving baby pictures, of course (courtesy of their breeder):

Allele
Mama "Allele"

Red
Red Boy

It was great to have a few days off after Thanksgiving.  Black Friday is the one "not an actual holiday" that UPS gives us as a paid holiday every year, so I got a nice long 4 day weekend.  Yay!!

 

There had been a wall in my house that was totally blank and I just couldn't decide what to do with it.  I used to have a big blanket with a German Shepherd on it hung there which pretty much covered the whole wall, but I kinda got tired of it (and it may or may not have started becoming a dust problem).


*** Pause the story!  I need to tell you what my Lilly is doing right this very second.  It's simply too funny not to share.  She walked over to the toy box and was snooping around trying to find something she wanted.  Unfortunately, she is just too polite to disrupt the other toys in the box so she just gave up on the one she wanted, which was under another toy, and walked away.  It doesn't help that the edge of the box comes to about halfway up her chest.  I got up and tipped the box on its' side for her so she would have an easier time of getting in there to grab what she wants and told her to try again.  Now, she is slowly and VERY carefully removing toys one-by-one, selecting only the ones on top that come out easily, and bringing them to the living room. ***

Ok, back to the story.  So, since I've been living with this big blank white wall for MONTHS, I decided I simply must do something about it.  The wall is located in what normal people would use as a dining area.  I'm not normal.  Though I do eat there a lot, it's because I'm eating at my desk, not a dinner table.  It really is a perfect place for my "office" because it's centrally located in the house.  Behind me is the living room, to my right are the bedrooms, and to my left is the kitchen.  I can generally see where the dogs are and what they are up to at any time.  (which is good considering I'll be getting a puppy soon)

After getting my pictures from the photographer the other day, I thought they would be a good place to start.  I decided that a bulletin board would be very helpful in my "office" as well.  So, here's the finished project:

wall redone

Why, yes, I do have a portable dish washer in my 'office'.  Doesn't everybody?



 I simply must show you this picture of Mater from the Nationals in Tennessee where he won Reserve Winners Dog!  Mater will be a half brother to my baby, and I am a little bit in love with him.  I can only hope my baby will look (and have a temperament) a lot like him.  I think this is an absolutely awesome picture!

Mater Reserve Winners Dog
Double Helix Tractor Tipping   "Mater"


In other news, Mendel's name has be altered slightly because a friend came up with a GENIUS registered name for him.  He will be:    

Double Helix 'n ArticCross' Mendelian Masterpiece

Now, the big question is... which one will be Mendel?

On Saturday I'm planning to go to the first dog sled race of the season.  It's called the "Can't Depend on Snow" race for a reason.  It's gonna be dry land rigs, but that doesn't mean it's not fun.  Hoping to get lots of good pics.  There's a weight pull, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)