Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's finally here!

Well, not really HERE, but the proof is online and that's good enough for me.

For the 2 plus long weeks I have been waiting to see Mendel's win pic, I have been convinced that it wasn't going to be very good.  I don't know why, and I wasn't really upset about it, I just didn't expect to like it very much.

See, there are just so many choices to deal with when taking a win pic.
  • Hold with the left arm or the right... or with both hands
  • Look at the dog or at the camera (this actually wasn't a question for me, I had already decided)
  • Keep your number on or leave it off
  • Put free hand behind your back or leave it loose
  • Smile or don't smile
  • Hair up or hair down... ok, not really, I don't give a crap about hair.  :)
In the end, I figured I'd just try out what I have seen with a number of other win photos I liked.  I always prefer pictures with the handler looking at the dog and smiling, after all, the dog is the one who did the winning.  :) 
Lucky for me my super cool friend (and co-breeder of Mendel), Drea, was there to stack Mendel perfectly for me.  I wasn't afraid to do it, but if I have the pro do it then I can't be held responsible if the win pic from the first point in the litter was of a bad stack. 

Uh huh, that's right, see how I did that - CYA - it's the name of the game, baby!

So, without further explination and babbling, here is my most wonderful little sweet pea in his very first (and my very first) win photo at only 6 months and 4 days...

Mendel, Winners Dog, Oshkosh, May 2011

And once again, I would like to extend a huge Thank You to Diane Anderson for this most special win.  Not only did she give us a point and some pretty ribbons, she told me she just loves my boy. 
She's one smart lady, if you ask me.  ;o)

1 comment:

  1. It's a beautiful picture! Two of you look great!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)