Monday, November 9, 2009

Road Trip

On Saturday, Lilly and I took a road trip to Plymouth to see her foster mom and go to a Wildtree party.  We're broke - so we didn't buy anything, but it was nice for Lilly's foster mom to get to see her for the first time since Lilly came home over a year ago.  Lilly didn't react quite like I expected her to.  She seems a little unsure of the whole thing, and slightly confused.

I suppose I shouldn't feel bad about it - she did amazingly well in a strange place with so many people, and it's clear she's become very bonded to me.  She came to me whenever she needed a little boost of confidence, and she was as well behaved as I could ever dream to ask for.

Sometimes I wonder if perhaps she's growing to be too dependant on me, but at the same time I think it's better for her to know she can come to me when she needs me rather than feeling like she has to take on the world by herself.  I see Bailey sometimes struggle with feeling like he can't trust anybody to help him when his confidence wains, and I just can't imagine that's necessarily a better way to live.

Unfortunately, I can't ask them - so I guess I'll just go with my gut on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)