Friday, October 9, 2009

Git in the HOLE!

I HATE it when people yell that!  Really hate it.
You can hear it all the time on TV during tournaments.  Tiger Woods tees up, hits a nice drive, and invariably some idiot will yell it:  "Git in the HOLE!"  Never mind the fact that the hole is a par 6 - that idiot clearly thinks he can somehow will the ball to find its way to the little cup cut out of the green hundreds of yards away.

"Are you too good for your home?"    Name that movie!!

My shots don't usually "Git in the hole."  In fact, I'm pretty good at getting them lots of places far, far away from the hole.  Ok, maybe I'm not that bad all the time... but sometimes I definitely am.

Today, my brother and I went golfing at Shorewood.

P1010107

Shorewood is no par 3 course, but most of the holes are managable for me, and it's a pretty walk.

P1010093



I didn't lose any balls in these particular woods today.  And that, my friends, is an accomplishment.

P1010098

 OOH!  Ducks!  Preeeettttyyy!

P1010106

Apparently, the ducks have seen me drive.  The ducks are concerned.

P1010100

Here, this guy will show us how it's done...

P1010099

Or not.

P1010105



GIT IN THE HOLE!

P1010108

Sorry, couldn't help it.

P1010109
"Damn it, Billy!  How am I supposed to hit a double birdy with the shower iron?
You're embarrassing me in front of my friends!"
-Name THAT movie!


There are some important decisions that must be made when golfing...

BALL in focus...
P1010112

OR

FLAG in focus...
P1010113

I'm just not sure.  What do you think?


Or perhaps the traditional horizontal format speaks to you...
P1010111


Hmmm... looks like SOMEBODY forgot to rake the sand trap after they walked through it...

P1010114
Tsk!  Tsk!


Hopefully, there will be a couple nice days yet this month to get my last few rounds in.  But, here in Wisconsin, one never knows.

Love ya like a Hole-in-One,
Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)