Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Morning Hunting Trip

Since the end of school, I have been in the process of changing my sleep/work/play schedule so that I'm awake in the mornings when it's nice and cool.  Now, I go to bed around 5pm, get up for work at Midnight and get done at about 5:30, head to the gym, come home and do something with the dogs, take a shower, and begin losing energy by the second.  At least I feel relatively productive until about 7am.  The dogs have adjusted to this schedule much more quickly than I have, but I'm working on it.

June 1 2010

Today, the designated "do something with the dogs" event involved taking them to the park to 'hunt'.  The dog park is loaded with wildlife to chase, especially at 6am.  I also happen to think it's very pretty in the morning.


June 1 2010

June 1 2010

June 1 2010

These pictures brought to you by my new Nikon CoolPix L110.  Let's just say there was an incident involving my Olympus SP-500UZ... and I don't want to talk about it.

While I was busy playing with my new toy, Bailey and Lilly were busy chasing down every small furry creature they could find.

June 1 2010

(This picture was taken trying out the continuous shoot action mode where it takes many pictures in a row to catch fast moving action.  Clearly, it's better used in good lighting.
June 1 2010
So many rodents... so little time!

I waited patiently, and sure enough, one of my lovely friends came to visit me.

June 1 2010
 This is my favorite thing about the dog park in Brown County - it's wooded, and natural, and chock full of wonderful wildlife.

I've never seen a woodpecker land on the ground before.  I mean, I never doubted they did - I just never saw it before.  He was so close to me that I had to take a second to zoom out in order to take a pic of him.  By the time I managed to push the shudder button - he was on his way back up to the trees.
June 1 2010 

June 1 2010

I dunno why, but I think this tree is cool.

June 1 2010

More hunting...

June 1 2010
I see you rodent!

June 1 2010
Hey!  Get back down here, rodent!  We're too tired for all this fooling around!

You didn't honestly think I was going to leave the signature photo out, did you?

June 1 2010

9am household silence and crashed out dogs brought to you by the resident wildlife of the Brown County Dog Park.  It's a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)