Thursday, July 8, 2010

Completely Obvlivious

Last night I had Economics homework to do, so I was busy at home on the computer.  After that, I decided to take a nap since I had to go to work a little later than usual.  Little did I know, my neck of the woods got a whopping 1.65 inches of rain in a short period of time.

I knew it was storming out because my dog was firmly planted in the bathtub, but I had no idea what was really going outside.

Here's some pics posted on the local news paper's website by people around town.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Silly me!  I'd been complaining that I couldn't go kayaking because we've been getting rain every day.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I could have just gone kayaking with these people in their back yard!

Photobucket

I woke up from my nap to my phone beeping at me telling me I had messages.  
My good friend, Deanne, (in a particularly worked up voice) left me a voicemail saying she was going to need a ride to work as the tree behind her parking lot was now lodged in her car.

Photobucket

The car parked next to hers was in even more dire straights.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just the branch that came off the tree was about as big around as me... and that's sayin' a lot.

Photobucket

In another part of town, trees just plain got uprooted.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I still can't believe that I knew absolutely none of this was going on around me.  Talk about oblivious!

4 comments:

  1. Holy cow! That is a giant mess you have there. I mean, we (in Northern Virginia) need the rain, but we don't need all of that destruction. Yikes!

    And, its funny to hear about another dog that likes the bathtub during storms. My Clover loves the tub!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! You must be a deep sleeper. And I can never concentrate that much when doing homework to miss something like that happening. Hope everyone was ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is some serious weather:(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I called to check on you but YOU WERE ASLEEP!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)