Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time for a new goal!

Last week I managed to successfully stalk and photograph a Monarch butterfly at the Botanical Garden with my Dad.  I was so happy!

Photobucket

This afternoon Dad and I were in his backyard working on taking pictures of flowers and spotted another one hanging out by his Daisies.  

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just can't decide which one I like best.


Hmmmm.... what to stalk next....

P.S.  Yes, I know, the Dog Fighting paper is still not up.  I'm working on it.  I think the stress of 3 summer classes has given me an ulcer and yesterday I cut my foot while heading out to kayak on the Fox river - I know people who have ended up in the hospital for many days as a result of cuts and Fox river water so I'm a little freaked out.  I think I'm turning into a hypochondriac. 

2 comments:

  1. I think they're all great photos:)
    Hope the foot heals up fine.
    I saw a swallowtail on a hanging basket outside my kitchen window yesterday, and thought of you, but by the time I had run downstairs for the camera, I couldn't find it. Then later I saw it along the driveway, and by the time I got out there it had disappeared again:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just put some hydrogen peroxide mixed with water on the cut and keep it clean and dry. You should be ok. Don't wear shoes/socks that make you sweat a lot. It might not help.

    And I love the first photograph! The second one is my next favorite. Isn't it funny how we both finally photographed what we have been chasing at the same time? I love how that works :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)