Monday, September 28, 2009

Woah! When did you guys get so big?

Yesterday, during the end of the Packer game, I made my way out to the pond and attempted to catch my goldfish.
Their pond was not looking good. The leaves are beginning to fall, and the algae was becoming an issue. Also, this week is supposed to be quite cold. I decided it would be best for them to just come in.

Boy, oh, boy did they get big! I can't believe these great big fish were just little $.45 goldfish at the beginning of this summer. And I actually put the pond in quite late. (and then there was the hole-in-the-liner issue that stunted them a bit as well)

P1010077

Ack! Look how dirty the water is! I'll keep changing water and eventually it will clear up. Also, adding the hydroponic plants to the system will help. I'm trying not to think about that part, though... it's gonna be a lot of work.

P1010075

That guy on the left looks a little annoyed with me.
I'd like to point out I caught all 8 of them all by myself. It only took about half an hour, and I only threw something once. They're fast little buggers... but I'm just a little bit smarter. It takes years of practice, but once you get good at catching fish it's not too bad. Patience. It's all about patience.


You can't tell because of the gross water, but they really are very pretty.

But not this pretty...

untitled

Beautiful, beautiful tank... oh, how I miss you.
Someday I'd really like to have a tank like that again. It's a lot of work, but it's better than tv.

I shouldn't complain... I do kinda have a pretty tank right now.

Photobucket

It's just not the same.  Being downsized really sucks.


Pouting,
Lioness


1 comment:

  1. Those are huge. I've never been able to keep fish alive. Good job!
    theprovidentwoman.com

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)