Monday, August 30, 2010

Fun with Dog Show Pictures

We're Back.

We had so much fun!  Lilly was SO good!

I'm so proud of Lilly.  On Saturday we had a structure "class" where my mentor taught a bunch of us about structure and "types" within the Samoyed breed using a couple dogs for demonstration.  Lilly was the "demo dog" for a few of the "how it's not supposed to be" parts because with her being a mutt who was not bred for show nobody's feelings would be hurt.  (It's hard to have a show dog you're investing lots of time and money in showing picked apart and having all their flaws pointed out.)  This meant she was up on a grooming table with strange people feeling her up.  She was such a trooper!

I took LOTS of pictures.
Today, because I don't want to do laundry, or dishes, or vacuum, or anything else constructive, I decided to play with my photo editor.  Here's what I got.

I think they turned out really cool

Ray
Ray


Rico
Rico
(This is my mentor's dog.  Remember him from here?)


Nova
Nova


Annika
Annika
Annika took Best in Specialty Show on Friday!


Gracie
Gracie


Nikko
Nikko


Mater
Mater


Winston
Winston
This was his first time in the ring.  I just love this picture.


Dusty
Dusty
Dusty took Best of Winners on Sunday!
Steve's kennel name, RBD, stands for "Rocco Bad Dog" (for his sassy foundation boy).


I can't remember this bitch's name.  Her owner is really cool, though.
Tracys Dog


I'm not sure of this dog's name either.  The owner wanted some pics and I was happy to give it a go.
Tundra Ice


Granite
Granite


Amber
Amber


Puma
Puma
Puma took the Bred By Bitch class on Sunday!


Morgana
Morgana
Morgana took the Open Bitch class on Friday.  Her first Major win!
She also took Reserve Winners Bitch on Sunday.


Storm
Storm
This picture is from Waukesha, but I thought I'd do one for him as well.


I simply can't help but throw this one in there.
I love purple, but... Wow.

Purple


Oh, yeah, and there's another dog in my house sleeping in the bathroom on top of all my dirty laundry.
She came home from the show with me and Lilly.
Win

More on her later.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, a lot of white fluffiness:)
    That Rico has one big coat!
    I like the shots where you caught that front foot just about to hit the ground. Great photos:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lilly was such a trooper!!! She would have made a great show dog!

    Beautiful samoyeds. They are really beautiful dogs.

    And what is that berner doing in your car???!?
    I LOVE BERNERS!
    And this one is especially cute!
    I can't wait to hear moreeeee:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rico is definitely not short in the fluff department. He's got quite a bit more coat than would generally be preferred as far as maintenance and grooming, but his temperament is to die for and his movement is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! But now I am jealous. I so miss going to the shows! Hopefully Leroy will be ready by December!

    Don't you just love learning about type and structure and then learning all your dogs flaws:)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome all comments! If you have an account, please use it so I can put names with comments. :)